By implementing this Sustainability Policy, Manni Group and its subsidiaries undertake an inclusive path characterised by the promotion of communication and collaboration between companies belonging to the same supply chain or additional chains and on-going investment to improve the social and environmental performance of the entire system.
Why Manni’s commitment is important.
All sources believe that both the steel and renewable energy sectors, as well as the construction industry – this is the field most of Manni Group’s products and services are designed for – can play a strategic role in growth based on an efficient, sustainable and circular use of resources.
Aware of its leadership, Manni Group wants to contribute by adopting the best practices based on sound scientific evidence and inspired by the principles of Circular Economy.
Manni’s Sustainability Policy
Manni’s Policy identifies a series of actions in order to build value across its entire supply chain according to a multi-sector approach, taking on socio-environmental challenges and thus contributing to reducing personal and system impacts. In sync with Manni Group’s Corporate Commitment, these actions translate into:
- Adopting Governance that supports the Business Sustainability goals through a dynamic inter-functional structure that involves both business leaders and the internal structure. By means of cyclical planning, implementation and verification phases, the Group will promote continuous improvement of its performance.
- Including socio-environmental sustainability as an integral part of the Group’s values and a guiding principle in addressing business strategies, in development and investment choices, and in the evaluation of commercial and individual performance. In this perspective, it pursues fair and sustainable development.
- Preparing a specific document on Corporate Governance that aims to give those who do business with the company a clear vision of fair and responsible entrepreneurial activity. Moreover, it also aims to integrate it as quickly as possible, focusing on the development of sustainable business, in compliance with the principles of this Policy.
- Adopting an Organisational Model according to Italian Legislative Decree 231/2001 and a Code of Ethics, dedicated to the principles of trust, honesty, transparency, the central role of human resources, employment and environmental protection, social responsibility, loyalty, fairness and compliance with the regulations in force.
- It is committed to constantly monitoring and updating this Sustainability Policy, and furthers its knowledge and compliance verification through stakeholder engagement activities and the involvement of qualified third parties.
- During its activities, it pursues environmental protection according to the principles contained in the Code of Ethics. In particular, since 2016 it has arranged for implementing the assessment and reporting of its direct and indirect socio-environmental impacts (emissions, water, raw materials, waste etc.) and the definition of ambitious reduction targets in the short, medium and long term, with constant monitoring of the results obtained.
- As of 2017, it publishes the analysis of its socio-environmental performance through the Sustainability Report, drawn up according to the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- It selects its suppliers on the basis of their socio-environmental performances, setting the goal of developing a sophisticated Sourcing Policy that, through the exchange with stakeholders, contributes to reducing the impact of the entire supply chain.
- It works towards the attainment, for all Group companies, of the most stringent international certifications on the subject of environmental quality and management (UNI EN ISO 9001, UNI EN ISO 14001), with the goal of constantly upgrading its standards.
Innovation as an instrument of sustainability
In line with the Corporate Governance document, Manni Group pursues differentiation in terms of innovation and quality, exploring new niches on mature markets and supplying unique products on new markets that adopt innovative low-impact technologies.
To speed-up the shift of its supply chain and of the entire compartment towards the adoption of a green and circular economy, the Manni Group Sustainability Policy includes the following commitments regarding innovation:
- Adopting the most innovative and efficient technologies in order to develop products and services aimed at the circular economy and that meet the reportable criteria of safety, quality and sustainability and that are able to generate value for present and future generations. Proceeding to periodically evaluating its products and processes, also thanks to comparative analyses, with the aim of constantly improving the related performance.
- Participating in projects, entrepreneurial initiatives and companies aimed at promoting the development of green & circular economy and the beginning, at an international level, of initiatives that combine innovation, economic value and safeguarding of the natural capital.
- Developing and sharing specific Waste Management “Beyond Raw Materials” projects, which put scrap back into the production process and contribute to promoting the development of a 100% circular steel sector that no longer requires consumption of raw materials.
- In sync with the mission, it is committed to developing living solutions featuring the highest socio-environmental standards in terms of sustainability, safety, efficiency and innovation: structures that may have positive effects on populations and territories in difficulty, even in the case of extreme events, and that are dedicated to construction criteria “at almost zero energy”, guaranteeing long-term energy performance, quick realisation and low costs.